Scheduling an Appointment
We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day.
At your first visit, you will be greeted, and then escorted back to our consultation room, where we will begin to discuss your problem from your point of view. We’ll talk about how the problem may have started, and usually go into a brief discussion about how the jaw joints function normally.
Then, we’ll lead you to the examination room, which looks like a regular dental treatment room. We always take posture photographs, so it is helpful if you avoid wearing bulky clothing like turtle necks and large sweatshirts. It is important for us to see how your posture might relate to the habitual position and movement of your jaw. Poor posture is a risk factor for TMJ Dysfunction.
We try to keep the ambience in our office as peaceful as possible, so the following are some guidelines that we ask you to follow:
- Please do not bring children under the age of 8 years to your appointment
- Bring your insurance card(s) with you
- Bring any oral appliances you currently have (retainers, bite splints, partials, etc.)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Please be sure to complete all of the enclosed forms and bring them with you at the time of your visit, so that I can review this information before we talk.
We try our best to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting. Due to the nature of the work Dr. Dolgos does, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. Emergency situations can also arise and cause delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Please call us at Buffalo TMJ - Functional Craniomandibular Rehabilitation Phone Number 716-675-5858 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.